Bali Customs Regulation
1. tobacco products (no limitations for diplomats): 50 cigars or 200 cigarettes or 100 grammes of tobacco;
2. 1 litre of liquor;
3. a reasonable quantity of perfume;
4. personal goods up to a value of USD 250.- per passenger or USD 1,000.- per family.
Additional Information on Regulations:
- (Video) cameras, portable radio cassette recorder, binoculars and sport equipment may be imported by tourists provided also exported upon departure.
- Passengers not entering on a tourist visa have to pay duties for photo and film cameras unless this equipment is registered in their passport by the Indonesian Customs on former occasion. Importation of electronic equipment is not permitted at all. Film pre-recorders, video tapes, video laser disc, records and computer software must be screened by censor board.
- Chinese medicines and printings, narcotics, firearms and ammunition, pornography, fresh fruit, cordless telephone are not permitted except for those holding licence.
- Prohibited are any commercial or merchandised goods as part of baggage. Infringements will be charged IDR 25,000.- per piece. The use of cardboard boxes as baggage must be dissuaded.
Free export permitted of 1000 gr. of tobacco or 50 cigars or 200 cigarettes for persons of 21 years and older, less than 2 litres of alcoholic beverages in opened bottles and personal goods up to a value of IDR 1,000,000.-.
Crew members customs regulations:
Same regulations as for passengers apply.
- Dogs or cats require import permit issued by the Directorate General of Livestock Service together with good health and rabies vaccination certificate issued by an authorized Government Veterinarian in the country of origin. Vaccination should have been performed at least 30 days prior to exportation and not more than 1 year.
- Pets must be at least 90 days old at time of exportation. Pets should not be pregnant nor in breast-fed condition. Pets shall, upon arrival, be subject to quarantine inspection and submitted to the quarantine officer for quarantine measures for at least 14 days.
- Shipment must be reported to Animal Quarantine Officer at Jakarta International Airport Soekarno-Hatta at least 2 days prior to arrival. Phone +65-21-5507931. Fax: +65-21-5500623.
Import of pets is permitted, with the exception of Bali. For further information please refer to the Directorate General of Livestock Service, Directorate of Animal Health, at Gedung (Building) C. Lantai 9, Jl. Harsono RM-Ragunan-Jakarta Selatan. Phone: +62-21-7810090/21-7815783. Fax: +62-21-7827774 or at: www.ditjennak.go.id.
Baggage Clearance Regulations:
Applicable to the airports “Denpasar Bali Ngurah Rai” (DPS), “Soekarno Hatta Int’l” (CGK) and “Polania” (MES): baggage must be cleared at first airport of entry or first transit.
Exempt: baggage of passengers transiting Indonesia with a destination outside of Indonesia.